This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
Lessons are for children age 3 & up. Age is as of start of program. Click on level descriptions below for appropriate class placement. Age suggestions for levels: Level 1: ages 3 & 4; Level 2: ages 5 & 6; Level 3: age 7 & up Chauncy Family Beach Pass is Required to register for Lessons. Pay online then pick up at recreation office.
In the event of poor weather, check our website for cancellation notifications or call us at 508-366-3066. Please realize that cancellations sometimes occur at the last minute.
Missed classes due to inclement weather: Fridays are reserved for EXTENSIVE rain cancellations.
- LakeChauncy is a great place to enjoy a picnic, build sand castles, throw a frisbee, or take a dip! This is a hidden gem of Westborough and is only allowed to residents of Westborough and Northborough. We are continuing to improve the Chauncy beach experience for all. Check out some of the accommodations we offer!
- Playground area with swings and see-saws
- Picnic Tables
- Restrooms/changing facilities for men and women
- Roped off swimming area (with water tested by the Board of Health weekly)
- Lake Chauncy is a fun and safe place to swim! The water is tested weekly by the board of health and also gets a weed treatment at the beginning of the swim season. Lifeguards are all Red Cross certified and also teach our swim lessons. Come visit Westborough’s only public beach!
- Location: From Rt 9 and Lyman St intersection, follow Lyman Street northerly towards Northboro. Parking for 75 vehicles is 300 yards up on right, beach is across the street on left.
- Boat Access: No watercraft, motorized or not, is allowed to enter the water or dock/ unload on or next to the beachfront EVER. The Boat Access is located off Chauncy Street. All personal watercraft such as jet skis, skidoos, etc are now banned from the lake (effective 2008).
- Please note that children under 12 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. We do not allow inflatables of any kind, including water wings. For a list of beach rules, visit our website at Lake Chauncy Beach is owned and operated by the Town of Westborough/Recreation Department.
- The area is handicap accessible with designated parking, rest room facilities and paved walkways to and from the water.
- Special thanks to the Department of Public Works for prepping the area preseason and maintaining it throughout the Summer!
Swim Lesson Details
- Click the swim lesson chart link below for a break down of times/dates for each swim level
- Session 1 Dates: Jun 24 - Jul 5 (no class Jul 4)
- Session 2 Dates: Jul 8 - Jul 18
- Session 3 Dates: Jul 22 - Aug 1
- Must purchase Lake Chauncy Family Season pass
- Proof of age may be required.
- Fridays will be used for rain makeups.
- Classes are 40 min in length.
- Limit 8 students per class with two instructors.
- All instructors and guards are certified
- Westboro RESIDENTS Only
Lake Chauncy Details
- Once paid for, passes should be picked up at the Rec Office at 34 West Main Street, after MAY 1ST!
- After the beach opens (SUNDAY JUNE 9TH), all passes must be picked up at the beach
- Those families taking swim lessons are required to purchase a family pass in addition to the lesson fee.
- Always bring your pass with you and present to gate attendant.
- BEACH DATES for SUMMER 2018: Tentative dates: Jun 17 - Aug 11
- WESTBOROUGH RESIDENTS ONLY (Northboro, Shrewsbury, and Southborough Family passes sold by each town's rec departments)
Additional Forms and Files: